Metal, Mechanical and System Engineering with over 55 years of experience
The Thom Metall– und Maschinenbau GmbH is a metalwork craftsmanship company based in Verden (Aller) in Lower Saxony. It was founded in 1968 and currently has more than 90 employees. The product and service portfolio ranges from Thom’s structural metalwork for regional retail, to turnkey automation machines for internationally oriented investment and consumer goods manufacturers.
The company is organized in divisions in order to differentiate between the various product and service groups or strategic business. As a result, the engineering, service, parts manufacturing, and structural engineering and metalwork divisions were created; in addition, the so called Future Workshop was established, where the training of apprentices takes place. The administration is still centralized
- High‐quality metalwork products for construction companies, architectural firms or private builders are found in Structural engineering and Metalwork.
- In Mechanical Engineering we combine the competences in electrical engineering and mechanical engineering. Customers in the consumer goods and beverage industries rely on our long lasting filling and packaging machines.
- In the System Engineering field we specialize in tailored conveyor technology and, particularly, in special purpose machinery. However, we are also well prepared to provide support as „your additional work‐bench“ to supply component parts and complex machine frames based upon your orders and drawings.
- Under Service you’ll find more about our services related to maintenance, repair and service on our systems and other systems.
- Read more about our award‐winning apprenticeships in metal handicraft at Thom in our education.
- More About Us, the Thom traditional family business, our company history and our goals.